Alicia Keys does Uptown mag.

http://glitzybits.googlepages.com/keys.jpg
Alicia Keys graces the fall issue of the the Uptown magazine.

On dealing with the pressures of fame:

I'm not the chick that breaks down, I'm not the one who loses it and wilds out, that's not my thing.

On finding herself on top of an Egyptian tomb:
I needed to get out of town and clear my head, I went to Egypt. It was such a miraculous experience for me. I crawled to the top of the pyramid and I just sang at the top of my lungs right there. People walking in acted like I was crazy; I didn't care. When I came home, I wanted to abandon all the tat stuff about me feeling too vulnerable to collaborate with people. Forget that.

On her idea of a good date:
I like to do things just because the thought came in your mind. I like to maybe go to the planetarium, crazy late at night. I love when a dude is cool with going to the museum with me, especially if it's an interesting exhibit. I'm not just trying to go see dead white people.


Click on the images to enlarge